The Department of Electrical Engineering has an experienced faculty. There are ten laboratories in the department, including a computer lab & electrical workshop. The department has a sanctioned intake of 60 students at B.E. level. The Department of Electrical Engineering is a Center of excellence to promote academic, research, development and consultancy services to meet the regional, national and international requirements. The Department consolidates and promotes the Human Resources and infrastructure facilities available for optimal use and further resource generation through projects of regional and continental relevance.The Electrical Engineering department has the following laboratories:-
- Basic Electrical Engineering Laboratory.
- Power Apparatus Laboratory.
- Power Systems Laboratory.
- High Voltage Engineering Laboratory.
- Microprocessor & DSP Laboratory.
- Control Systems Laboratory.
- Measurements Laboratory.
- Power Electronics Laboratory.
- Departmental Computer Laboratory.
- Departmental Workshop Laboratory.
- Virtual Instrumentation Laboratory.